Friday, July 5, 2013

Product Review: Goody Ouchless Ribbon Elastics

Greetings!

Today I felt like writing something else on another product I received complimentary for review consideration from Influenster. *always gotta get that out of the way*

They're called "Ouchless Ribbon Elastics" by Goody. I've used different products from the Goody brand before, such as other hair elastics, hair brushes, and clips. I've always been satisfied with the quality and price.

I received a 5 pack of the elastics and it retails for about $4-5, which isn't a bad price considering each one cost you about $1 or less. The elastics are definitely good quality - they're able to stretch but don't become too stretched out to use after just a few uses, like some other, cheap quality hair elastics I've used before.

They tend to look a little odd when they're tied up in my hair because the little bulge that ties the "ribbon" together just goes where it pleases in the end. So it's always in a different place everyday and just seems a little odd, like people would wonder why it's even there.

I have to tie these ties around my hair three times to get it tight enough to hold but not too tight. I'll always get those few hairs that pull uncomfortably that I have to adjust after putting up my hair. That happens with every single elastic I've ever used - these are no different. However, I do prefer the texture of the band itself and how it's flat and smooth versus a traditional round one. It may not seem like a big difference, but it performs well and feels comfortable all day long.

Now that you know my general thoughts about the product, time to see it!


Here it is in my hair. (as if that wasn't obvious - LOL) *Image courtesy of my Instagram*


My 5 pack included the following colors: Purple, Light Gray, Dark Gray, Black, and Hot Pink. You saw the purple one in my hair in the above picture, and the picture below features the light gray one...

Here's a shot of how it looks on the wrist, as many women, including myself, like to do to always keep one handy. As you see, it's a little more distracting and bulky than a traditional one, but it's easy to move out of the way.

So that's about it. All in all, I do enjoy these hair elastics more than I originally did when I received a different brand with this style elastic in a birchbox last year. I'm glad I was able to give them another try and I definitely recommend them to someone looking for a different type of hair elastic that's affordable and versatile.

Remember to have a positive day! :)

Hugs,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment