Thursday, February 16, 2012

Welcome to my blog! (not your average first post)

Greetings fellow online searchers, seekers, and gurus! My name is Lauren and I decided to start making a serious blog about serious stuff. (well, don't get me wrong - we gotta have some fun along the way!) I have tried maintaining several blogs in my past and failed at them all - for one huge reason. In all honesty, it bored me to tears. But back then, I really didn't have any topics that would draw people in or that would keep me coming back to type.

But that's all changed now.

I've found a way to incorporate my love of making videos, writing, taking fun pictures, and helping people into one thing - this blog.

Now, I know what you're thinking. How am I any different from the other zillion amazing, smart, witty, and talented bloggers and vloggers out there? Well here's the secret - I'm not. I will never claim to be. I'm just an average 18 year old girl typing on my laptop (that I use primarily for college actually) from the comfort of my bed.

Okay, so long story short (well, there went that!) I created this blog primarily to help people. I am currently going through one of the worst times in my life, and I'm not asking for your pity, but instead I want to help strengthen other people's hopes and beliefs as I work on strengthening my own. I've always found that helping others doesn't only help the other person, but helps me too. Sometimes physically, sometimes emotionally, sometimes mentally... but something about it lights a spark in me.

So I ask that you follow me on my journey to recovery and in the process you open up your minds and hearts to let me into your lives. Complete strangers, forming new kinds of relationships - healing ones.

In this blog, I will be opening up to the world completely... well, mostly. Let's face it - we all need to maintain some sort of private life. ;)

I hope to help others with how I was able to cope and move forward through many things. I was very sick as a child and faced a lot of issues from it... in middle school, I suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. For those of you who don't know what that is (and many surprisingly don't) it's comparable to mono. I've had many complications in my life - for example, allergies to medications and food. And let's face it - I'm average. I've been through the whole mess of a terrible break up, failed business ventures, and everyday stuff like piercings gone wrong and bad issues with trust.

I'm going to talk about all of that - and much more.

Now like I promised earlier in this post, even though I am very much looking forward to helping my peers, it'll also be fun along the way. I'm thinking about several reviews of products I can do (including pictures and videos) and just fun posts about the daily quirks of life. So I assure you, it won't all be a dark cloud - but instead, I hope it'll be a very helpful resource for people who are going through many of the same trials I have, and then be able to smile about a funny picture of my sister's cute rabbit. :p

Now, I'm not going to go overload and talk about religion on every post but I will state now that I am a Christian. I was raised Catholic and believe that God has a plan for me, even though I sometimes question it. I just wanted to point out that I don't care if anyone reading believes in God or not and I will not judge anybody about it. I believe that we have free will, so we're free to use it the way we want, right? While we're on this earth, we can live how we want. It's up to whatever higher power there is after we leave this world, as to how we handled this one life.

Anyways, the whole point of me saying this is because I believe that it's in my plan to help people from all the things I've experienced in life. Now, I'm not saying I've had the worst life scenario, because I really haven't. I haven't had cancer at 5 years old, or had a parent die when I was 2, or even broken a bone. And I feel so bad for people who have experienced those things, or even worse. But I have had hardships that many haven't, or at least not as many at once and so young. So I believe it's in my plan to help others with their hardships since even though sometimes it seems like an evil plot, I'm thankful for them. They have made me so much stronger and into the person I'm supposed to be today.

Alright, well I think that's enough for you to digest in one long, random post. So in the end, I just hope I can reach out to the people who need it and maybe make some friends along the way. Because this time, I'm in it for the long run and I promise to take this blog thing seriously, okay? You have my word - and I never go back on a promise. I can promise you that. Oooh, double promise right there! ;)

And just a head's up - my next post will probably be just a little bit about me in general so you get a feel for who I really am and what I personally enjoy to do in my spare time and what I'm studying in college - all that good stuff. Then we'll get down to the nitty gritty stuff.

Well, until then - ta ta for now!

Remember to have a positive day! :) (I know it's hard but always try - I gotta remember that myself)

Hugs, (because hugs rock!)
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment